Are you a complete newbie to photography? Have a camera but no idea how to use it off of auto mode? Have children and don’t have the time to attend a photography course? Are your photos not coming out the way you expect them to? Want to know more about composition? How to use certain lenses?
I offer a variety of 1-2-1 training courses. I can travel to you (travel costs may apply) if this is easier or we can meet on location. These courses are bespoke and are tailored around each individual’s needs and requirements. They usually take place in one day and range from 2-8 hours. All training courses come with a Charli Photography Training Guide PDF which is tailored to your training so that you can continue to review and learn after the 1-2-1 session. The courses range from beginners to advanced and anything can be covered.
I have a diploma in Photography, as well as 10 years’ experience, which I would love to share in order to help you on your photography journey.
Please contact me for further information so that we can discuss the best option for you.
My mentoring courses are designed for amateur or professional wedding or portrait photographers. I have worked hard to build my business and understand the marketing and branding strategies required, the technical elements and how to attract the right client market.
This is 1-2-1 mentoring with me. I take on one mentee at a time so you can be sure that my time is dedicated to you. Whilst I think workshops are useful, you end up with people at various stages in their careers, all needing slightly different advice and help. I want to know all about you. How you arrived at where you are now. Where do you plan to be in 1 year, 3 years and 5 years etc. Why do you love what you do. You are the biggest part of your brand and I want this to be personable and focused on YOU and your business.
Whether you are looking for branding, marketing or other business advice or a more creative spin, I will tailor a mentoring package to suit your needs. For technical advice, please book in for a training day in the section above.
The types of things that can be covered in mentoring:
- A review of your website
- A review of your social media channels
- A general business review (e.g. your processes, client communication etc)
- Customer service – it’s so important!
- Branding and marketing advice – your presence in the marketplace (I have a diploma in Advertising and Marketing)
- Post-Production advice and streamlining your workflow
- Album design and why it is important
- Portfolio critique – I can look at one of your full wedding galleries and provide some tips and advice
- Attracting the right clients for your brand
- Lightroom training
- Photoshop training
- Advice on what equipment to use and when to use it
- How to back up correctly
- Contracts and the legal implications (I have a law degree, went to law school and have a masters in law so I understand the importance of the legal side of a business)
- Insurance and why this is needed
- How to work with natural light
- The fine art storytelling style
- Composition to make your photos stand out
- Zooms or prime lenses
- Posing guide – how to pose naturally without formalities
- An opportunity to second shoot at a wedding with me (this only applies to the 9-12 month mentoring packages)
- I will second shoot at a wedding with you to give advice on how you work on the day and things that can help you progress (this only applies to the 9-12 month mentoring packages)
- Anything else you can think of that you would like me to mentor you with! The above list is only some ideas of the types of things that I can help with.
I could sit here now and sell you some blurb about why you should mentor with me but, if you have found this page, then I am guessing you probably already follow me and my photography. So, no blurb, just honesty. I have worked hard, I am passionate and I love, love, LOVE what I do. I will mentor you and help you to take your business to the next level. I am committed to that. Think of it like a cross between coaching and mentoring. If you break down in tears one night because you have too much on and you are losing the love for what you do because you are drowning in admin, no problem, we will work through that (I’ve been there!). That’s easy, just a matter of re-organising workflows and processes to make things easier. It’s hard work and you must be dedicated to making your business succeed. But I will be behind you pushing you and giving you that little extra helping hand that I wish someone could have given me at certain points on my journey. I am honest and I will be upfront with you about what needs to be changed to get to the next steps and then it is up to you to implement the advice into your business with your own personal stamp. My biggest advice will always be to shine a light on your own path, never copy anyone. You will always be in the lead as long as you follow you own instinct and ideas. It’s of course fine to like ideas but add your own twist, do something different, add YOU.
Mentoring packages start at 2 weeks for a mini review, then for full reviews: 2 months, 6 months, 9 months or 1 year. I can advise on the best packages once you have contacted me with more information with what you are looking for. I am currently fully booked for 2016 mentoring but do get in touch to book in for 2017 as my diary is nearly full! 2018 slots will open in the New Year.